Had Control4 installed in my dad's condo, he is completely wheelchair bound and we were sold this as an "easy to use system" it is anything but. Constantly having issues and needing repair.

First dealer moved to Costa Rica, left us with zero support, called Control4 customer service, and again nothing. Found a great dealer but only so much you can do with a rotten product. Certainly not getting value promised. Going back to the basics tomorrow with Comcast.

Incredibly disappointed and very irritated at the time and money spent trying to work this system out. We gave it our best effort spending close to $10,000 in equipment and service (he's in a 1000 sq foot condo) and gave it 2 years. We were hoping this would assist with his safety as I was set to be notified if his smoke alarm went off or if he did not move in his bed for 12 hours (these sensors NEVER worked, were to be repaired and this did not happen). The remote access through Control4 MyHome never would recognize my iPhone or his iPad as registered users.

So frustrating and again...a huge waste of funds he simply does not have a time I do not have.

Would NEVER recommend. Sure hope this helps someone avoid this mistake, seriously.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #871244

Sounds like the dealers you used are just not well diverse in Control4. My company could have handled your request in a single day trip and left you with a working system.

Sorry you spent all that money on crappy dealers.

It's not a bad dog, its bad owners....