Resolved
Style and Design
Usability

Update by user Nov 27, 2017

As per my updated comment, Control 4 reached out and contacted my dealer who came and performed the update free of charge. Control 4 has also offered to pay for an updated main processor as mine is 7 years old.

Update by user Nov 27, 2017

After I posted my review, I received an email and then phone call from Elliot Estes at Control 4.My dealer had sold their business and Elliot located the new owners and explained my situation.

Lorenzo from Connected Spaces in Richmond called me. He arranged to come to my remote island home to perform the update of the firmware, assess my control 4 system and the components/features that have stopped working in the last few years. One item I needed replacing was the main processor was mine was 7 years old. Elliot at Control 4 said that they will pay for the replacement.

Lorenzo came and updated the firmware at no charge. He also explained why some of my old setup failed. He said that what was installed was not the suitable for the applications I wanted. I now have remote access again and my system is now compatible with the new Control 4 app.

I am awaiting a quote from Lorenzo to replace / modify my routers to improve and stabilize my network, install new security cameras and a front door bell. I have found Lorenzo to be the most knowledgeable and straight talking expert on not just Control 4 but overall systems required to make a smart home work. I also have been very impressed with Elliot with his customer service and continued follow up. Elliot asked if I would write a followup to my complaint but I said I would not until I was completed satisfied.

I am now and very happy with their actions and customer service. If you are in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver I would encourage you to contact Lorenzo at Connected Spaces. Also if you are having continuing problems with your Control 4 system contact Elliot. Elliot's number is 1-801-736-1948.

Lorenzo's number is 604-358-5986.Lorenzo is very busy fixing people's Control 4 systems from the previous company but he will call you back if you leave a message.

Original review posted by user Oct 31, 2017

I just found this website.I spent $45,000 on a control 4 system for my remote home.

I have had more problems with it then satisfaction. Over time my door Bell stopped working, then one of my cameras, now I would just rely on being able to control my lighting remotely but with the iOS 11 upgrade that has stopped too. If you are looking at smart home technology DO NOT CHOOSE CONTROL 4. It will bleed you dry trying to get your components to work on a consistent basis.

Now as others write my system version 2.5.3 needs upgrading as Control 4 won’t pay the money to update their software and I will be needing to pay again to control my lights and view 2 of my 3 cameras.I will be installing a nest doorbell which is cheap and I’ve been told reliable.

Comments

Control4
Control4 Verified Representative

I am so sorry to hear about the issues with your Control4 system. Can you please send me an email with your contact information? I would like to see how we can help get your system up to date and correct the issues you're having.

eestes@control4.com