3.0
Style and Design
Usability

I recently spent upwards $40,000 on full Control Four home automation.I installed thermostats for 17 zones with sensors, 7 TVs, complete home lighting, audio, and video surveillance.

The full package. It took about 1.5 years to complete and the dealer involved was super nice, patient, and eager to please. All of a sudden, Control Four terminated his dealership. According to the dealer, he has no clue as to why he was terminated.

He far surpassed the required minimum sales that Control Four imposes on their dealers. He has great reputation with his customers, but Control Four Simply decided to cut him out. Now I am stuck having to find another dealer who will have complete access to my home automation- someone new who I don't know and don't trust. I would never have started with Control Four if I had known this.

I called Control Four today, and they acknowledged that they terminated the dealership but they would not provide a reason why. I pushed them and they refused to elaborate. They pushed me to another dealer who I used use back when I had Crestron, but it didn't work out.

So now after spending, time, money, and energy- Control Four decided to abandon me as a customer.What a waste !!

Reason of review: No loyalty.

Preferred solution: Reinstate my dealer who installed the entire system.

I liked: Keeping up to date with tehnology.

I didn't like: Lack of loyalty to its customers and dealers.

Comments

md_70

The customer support team at Control4 read this review and immediately reached out to me.They were very nice and they tried to be helpful, but they still refused to provide an explanation as to why my dealer was terminated.

They tried to assure me that other dealers in my area would be able to take over my account and service my needs without fail.

My local sales area manager also reached out to me and recommended certain dealers who would best fit my specific needs.While I was happy they reached out, I still am ‘pissed off’ that my dealer was abruptly terminated without explanation.

Control4
Control4 Verified Representative

I am so sorry to hear about your dealer.Can you please send me an email with your contact information?

I would like to discuss this situation with you more and help with the process of finding a dealer who can support your Control4 system.

eestes@control4.com